Saturday, April 26, 2008

Thank goodness for muscle memory!

Played in a golf tournament today for the first time in about 2 years. I knew it was coming up, but have been so busy that I didn't even get time to pick up a club to see if I could still hit the ball. We planned on getting to the course early to hit some range balls, but the weather wasn't exactly cooperative. It started raining about 2am and was still drizzly when we got there, then our team was running late, yada, yada. I hit 3 range balls before we teed off and almost broke my thumb I took such a divot with my 7 iron! Once we got on the course, that good old muscle memory kicked in and we managed to get around in 2 under par. Not bad! It's really funny how you can go for months (or years) without playing and the first time you go out, things just sort of fall into place. You don't play great, but you usually don't embarrass yourself either. But watch out the next time! All of a sudden your brain starts trying to think for itself and you aren't nearly as talented as you thought you were! In the end, the sun came out and we had a great time. And the only par 3 I hit was for "closest to the pin" (my ball was 3' from the cup), so I got a nice trophy (see pic below). The funny one next to it (the "Shirly Temple" award) was for shortest drive. I hit a long ball, but it was almost sideways and out of bounds.

Awards 4/26/08

No comments: