Monday, April 14, 2008

Monica & Art's Wedding

Saturday we drove down to Victoria for Monica and Art's wedding. Monica is my mom's husband's daughter, and so my step-sister. We've only known each other for a couple of years, and mostly just at holidays, but we just love her and Art both. They are a wonderful couple and just seem to belong together. The ceremony was held at the gazebo in the town square. As 2pm approached, the bride and her dad were driven up in a buckboard, waving at passersby on the street. She looked so wonderfully relaxed and happy, not the usual stressed out bride. I love going to weddings! They are always (well, most always) so romantic, and it's a nice reminder of your own vows. Always makes me happy to be married. I'm so sentimental. Anyway, here are a few pictures of the happy couple, and the few people we knew there. I even got a pretty decent shot of James and me. The polka dot dress was purchased for another wedding last year, but I ended up wearing something else. So I was thrilled to finally get a chance to wear it this year. Mom and I were the only ones wearing hats (as usual), so we really stood out from the crowd!

Neil & Monica
Neil and Monica coming up the walk to the gazebo.

Monica & Art
Introducing Mr. and Mrs. Henry

Mom & Neil
Mom and Neil in their finery

Theresa & James
Theresa and James

No comments: