Thursday, August 2, 2007

More Toys!

Right before we left on our trip, my new skein winder arrived! Now I can make any size skeins I want and easily calculate how much yarn I've spun. Don't get me wrong, the McMorran Yarn Balance is a very cool toy, but now I don't have to waste any yarn in the measuring process. I think I'm going to finish it in a medium oak finish similar to the CC wheel. But notice that I'm NOT going to tie myself down to a date. I'm still waiting on my Indigo Hound combs to arrive so I can work on a couple of fleeces I really want to start spinning up.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Ever notice how every time you try out a new hobby there are $$$ in new tools that you just have to have? Not to mention books! But hey, it's cheaper than an race car. On our trip back last week, I saw an old schoolhouse out in the country which got me to thinking, "Wouldn't that make a great craft workshop!!". Hmmm, I wonder how I might be able to find one for sale in a nice little town, not too far from grandkids? Well, one can wish...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"...But hey, it's cheaper than an race car."

I wonder why you'd say it exactly THAT way...

;)

GrammaKnits said...

As if you don't know!