Sunday, August 5, 2007

Brilliant Idea!

On the long drive back from Seattle, we passed an old one-room schoolhouse and I had a GREAT idea. A schoolhouse or small church would make a perfect craft studio! Then we could have our house nearby (with the requisite huge garage). Not only would it be a great place to work with lots of open space and good natural light, but it would also be handy to give small classes, have people over to play, etc. Ideally, it should be in a cute little town that is not totally dried up, not too far from kids, and sitting on about 5-10 acres. Hey, as long as I'm wishing I may as well start at the top! If you ask for the stars, you can always compromise with the moon.

I figure that I've got 6 years and 4.5 months left until I can retire, and it's time to really start getting ready. So I'm working on channelling all my whining about NOT being able to retire yet, into something more constructive. Maybe it will turn into a third career - only more fun. Committing to an idea in writing is the first step toward reaching the goal, at least for me anyway. So if you happen to pass a place with character in your travels, let me know!

No comments: