Saturday, February 5, 2011

I'm an Official Knitting Judge!

As usual, it's been some time (months) since my last post. During that time, I've received my Knitting Judge Certification from TKGA. Now, instead of entering fairs, I can judge. The plan is to start small at our local county fairs and move up from there. One of the last things I had to do for the certification process was to plan, execute, and film an event. Everything went pretty smoothly, except for the fact that I didn't realize there are two speeds to the video camera - long play, and super long play. So it ended up running out of tape at 1 hr, instead of 2. Thankfully, I at least got in the required number of items to be judged, but I really wish Janet could have see the knitted shawls. Our guild really has some extraordinary knitters! Then I was so caught up in the video aspect, that I gave back all the critique sheets without saving a copy for my portfolio! More drama! I managed to retrieve all but 4 and was able to recreate those from the video. So now I'm thinking, yea! All I have left to do is get the video from cassette to cd. How hard can that be? I do have to thank my darling spouse for converting the tape to data on the computer, but it took us both to finally get it into dvd format. Who knew that there are cd's for music, and cd's for video. Live and learn.

I did finally get everything boxed up and mailed, and it's back with my official certificate. If you're a TKGA member, watch for my name in the summer issue of Cast On magazine!

Now it's time to get back to work and finish Level III (the final level) of TKGA's Master Knitting Program.

No comments: