Sunday, October 31, 2010

Felted Soap Class

Yesterday the guild sponsored a class on making felted soaps with Lynn Williams of Lynn's Texas Fibers. We had a great time, and actually came up with some cute soaps to take home. This is a great gift idea with the holidays coming up and my aunt has already commissioned me to make some party favors for her! You just take a bar of soap, pat wet fiber around it, and decorate as desired. But there is a LOT of patting involved. Most of us had planned to hang around for the afternoon class, but were "patted out" by lunchtime! Below are the three soaps that I finished, and you can see more photos here.

IMG_5691

After fortifying ourselves at BJ's Brewhouse, Roddie and I headed over to Sugarland Yarn Company since I hadn't been there before. Plus, they were having a big halloween "boo bag" sale. Not that that influenced us in any way! We were actually pretty good and resisted most of the impulse buys. I found some nice grey alpaca for a new cardigan to replace one that was unintentionally knitted in superwash yarn, which I hate. And I bought some really pretty yarn for a baby gift. All in all, a very fun and fibery day.

No comments: