Sunday, October 31, 2010

First Yarn from the Peacock

Thanks to being able to spend a whole day spinning at WC Mercantile recently, I was able to finish my first yarn spun on my little Peacock wheel. It's a little rustic looking, but by the time I finished all 8oz of fiber, I was getting pretty comfortable. And I was able to treadle with either foot. The left was definitely more clumsy for a while. The fiber is handpainted BFL superwash (blue-faced leicester combed top). I bought it on my first trip to Yarnorama in Paige, TX. The colorway is called "Remembering Bozo". I thought it would make good mittens for the boys, but the red blended a lot with the white so it's kinda girly. So now I don't know what I'll do with it. I forgot to take photos of the fiber before I started, but here's the finished product.

1st yarn from Peacock wheel

No comments: