Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Bucket List

I rejoined Netflix so I'll have some movies to watch as I finish knitting and spinning projects this summer. Can't start anything new until Sept. 1. So last week we watched "The Bucket List", which was much better than I had heard from reviews. But maybe it was because we're in their demographic. Ouch! Anyway, it got me thinking about my own bucket list and I'm going to start an official one. Mind you, this is going to be a fluid project with additions and deletions as my interests change. As I've been thinking about it though, I have learned that I don't really have any desire to do the usual cliche things, like skydive, and it centers heavily on travel. And I also learned that I've actually done a lot of things that would have been on the list. So here goes with what's left (in no particular order for now).

Have my own craft studio and maybe teach some classes
Take grandkids on a summer tour of the U.S.
Watch the July 4th fireworks in Washington D.C.
Take a raft trip through the Grand Canyon
See the Great Wall, the Terracotta Warriors, and the Forbidden City in China
Do a bike tour of New England in the fall
Take the train rides across Canada, and in Alaska to Denali
Volunteer at an elementary school
Do more spinning demo days

No comments: