Saturday, May 19, 2007

New Spinning Wheel

I'm picking up my new spinning wheel next week! It's being adopted from a fellow guild member whose house is overpopulated with wheels. The new wheel is a Country Craftsman. I still love my Lendrum upright, but have always wanted a Saxony style wheel too. If my husband can justify having five cars, I must be at least three wheels behind, so what can he say. Linda is having a little reunion at her house for all the MS&W gang (we haven't seen each other in at least a week!), so I'll be picking the wheel up there. I haven't spun on a double drive wheel before, and will greatly benefit from a little instruction. I'll post some pictures next week.

I've decided that need to start setting aside one evening a week for spinning. There are lots of things I want to do, but I'm always putting it off because there isn't enough time. If our great-grandmothers had time to spin, certainly I can make the time. We have all the "time-saving" gadgets in our lives, but seem to have less and less free time. When Chris was little, I worked full-time, was room mother for his class, den mother for cub scouts, took piano lessons, trained for marathons, and my house was neat and clean all the time. Am I that much more disorganized now? Where is all my free time going? Maybe I need to fill out a timesheet at home like I do at work?