Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I have managed to get a little bit done...

I whipped up these cute baby booties over the weekend for Emma (friend's first grandchild). The pattern is the "Stay on Baby Bootie" from Twisted Yarns. I made up the matching cap pattern on the fly. Came out pretty good if I do say so myself. Guess I'd better write it down before I forget what I did!


While cleaning off all the junk that has accumulated on the kitchen counter over the past two weeks, I decided to use up the yarn that I had left from the Merike Saarniit workshop. Since there wasn't a lot, I decided to make a felted wine holder - something to keep it cool and not sweat on the table. I haven't tested it yet, but I think it came out kind of cute. No pattern, just one of those things I decided to do on a whim. It came out shorter than I expected, but that's ok. James says it looks like something for the Cat in the Hat.


Now I just need to get to work finishing the things I already have started. And I REALLY want to finish up my Level II Master Knitting Program from TKGA. I had all the swatches done at one time, but with the new revisions, I'm going to have to make a few more. Plus, I think my knitting has improved some since I did them originally so I'll be reknitting a few too. I already have the argyle sock and the vest done, so other than the swatches, all I have left are questions, book reviews, and a report on the history of knitting. Yawn! You can see why I can't get motivated to finish this!