Saturday, October 1, 2011

Warped Weavers Dishtowel Exchange 2011

While waiting to get started on the Bluebonnet Tartan project, I joined a dishtowel exchange on Ravelry. Since I had just finished a set, it was a simple matter to adapt the pattern to get the right size for the exchange. I used the same colors in 8/2 unmercerized cotton, but arranged them in a different order. I'm sending in four towels, one plaid (photo), one with white weft, one with yellow weft, one with blue weft. I still need to get them hemmed and will post final pictures soon.

Exchange2011d

01/16/12 ETA photo of the finished towels.
Finished towels

This was definitely something I would do again sometime. I got four very nice towels back. And contrary to popular belief, I actually use my handwoven towels. They are super absorbent and really wear well.

Shelbyart & Yarnsnthreads

DebbiRYarn & Yagasil

No comments: